Level 1 Teacher (kids 5-8years)
Thursday class from 6-8pm
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in German and English
- Establish positive relationship with students, parents and teaching team
- Confidence and ability to establish classroom management rules for behaviour and procedures
- Knows how to organize a class and make learning a fun and meaningful process by providing a variety of materials and resources for children to explore and learn the basics of the German Language and culture.
- Provide an inviting, interesting and innovative learning environment
- Creating engaging lesson plans that allows flexibility in regards to different language skills and age levels of students in the class.
- Ideal candidate will be creative, energetic and has great passion, patience and love for children.
- Willingness to attend Professional Development workshops
- Experienced with children age group 5-8
- Degree in teaching or in specialized subject with a certificate in education is an asset, but not essential.
Transitioning period by observing our current classroom and having the opportunity to meet current teacher and students, as well as to become familiar with the teaching environment.
Our Level 1 teacher has an assistant helping with group activities, such as crafts, differentiation etc.
We really appreciate long-term commitments!!!
For applications please contact: Kathleen Schroeder-Brass, Principal